In order to get accurate and detailed information about servers and services, the Application Discovery requires server Credentials to access information. Keychains are lists of Credentials.
Create a new Keychain
On the Keychains tab, click create a new keychain.
Now, choose the location of the keychain. You have two options.
- Cloud stored - Keychains are stored in the cloud. Won't be lost even when the appliances are changed.
- Appliance stored - Keychains are stored in the appliance. It May have to be added back again when the particular appliance is changed
After choosing the location, provide a name for the keychain and description (optional) and click save.
Now, go to Discovery > Keychains > (Edit a Keychain) > Add credentials
In the add credentials window, provide the following details.
- Provide a label for the credential
- Type of credential
- Login\password (credential)
- IP if the credential is applied to a specific IP
Once added, you can go back to the keychains tab under Scan Job and select the required keychain and click update.