Once the appliance is installed and the network interface setup, the next step is to register the appliance to the CloudSphere SaaS tenant.
To generate your license and register your appliance with the CloudSphere platform you will need to have a login for your CloudSphere account.
Capture the Appliance ID from the Virtual Appliance
- Open a browser window and log in to the CloudSphere Virtual Appliance user interface using the URL http://<your-appliance-ip-address>/ddm/index.html
- The default login for your appliance user interface is:
- Upon first login the virtual appliance registration screen will be displayed;
- Copy the unique Appliance ID for your CloudSphere Virtual Appliance;
Generate License Key per appliance from the CloudSphere SaaS management platform:
You will have to complete this step for every appliance in your environment.
- Open a new browser window and log in to your CloudSphere CAM Portal Tenant(refer to the welcome email for the tenant URL).
- Navigate to Settings > Discovery > Appliances and select New Appliance License
- Navigate to Settings →Appliances and select “Generate license...“;
- Enter the unique Appliance ID for your CloudSphere Virtual Appliance copied previously and an appliance name (how you would like to see it appear in the CloudSphere Appliances list –this does not have to be the host-name of the appliance);
- Click on “Create Appliance” to generate the license key for this appliance;
Register the appliance to the CLoudSphere management platform:
- Copy the generated license key and paste it into the CloudSphere Virtual Appliance user interface License Key field and click on “next";
- The “Organization” and “Remote Site” field will be pre-populated;
- Click “Finish” to complete the registration process;
- The services running on the virtual appliance will now restart and complete the registration process;
- Click “OK” to return to the appliance UI main page;
- You may be required to login into the CloudSphere Virtual Appliance user interface after the restart;
- The appliance will now show a summary of the appliance registration;
Confirm that the appliance has been registered:
- Once successfully completed the appliance will also be displayed in the Appliances list on the CloudSphere console under Settings → Appliances;
Note: Available menu items above will depend on users' privileges. Not all menus will be available.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed and registered your CloudSphere Virtual Appliance.